Our Process for the Highest Quality CBD
Step One: USDA Certified Organic Farming
USDA certified organic farming refers to a specific set of agricultural practices that meet the standards set forth by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for organic farming. These standards require that farmers use only natural and non-synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, and that they do not use genetically modified organisms (GMOs) or irradiation in their farming practices.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound derived from the hemp plant that has become increasingly popular for its potential therapeutic benefits. CBD can be produced from hemp plants that are grown using USDA certified organic farming practices. To be certified organic, our farmers go through a rigorous certification process and adhere to strict guidelines. These guidelines include using organic seeds and planting materials, using only organic fertilizers and pest control methods, and following strict protocols for soil and water management.
By choosing USDA certified organic farming practices, our farmers produce high-quality CBD products that are free from synthetic chemicals and pesticides. This can provide consumers with a greater level of confidence in the safety and purity of the products they are using.
Step Two: Hemp Processing and Extraction
Our Hemp processing involves using natural methods and materials that comply with organic farming regulations. Here are the general steps involved in processing:
- Harvesting: Organic hemp is typically harvested by hand, using methods that avoid damaging the plant. This includes cutting the stalks at the base and carefully removing the leaves and flowers.
- Drying: After harvesting, the hemp is dried naturally in a well-ventilated area, without the use of synthetic chemicals or heat. This process can take several days to several weeks, depending on the humidity and temperature.
- Separation: Once the hemp is dry, it is separated into different parts, including the flowers, leaves, and stalks. Each part can be used for different products, such as CBD oil, hemp fiber, and hemp seeds.
- Extraction: To extract CBD oil from the hemp flowers, organic methods such as CO2 extraction or cold-pressing can be used. These methods avoid the use of harmful solvents or chemicals that may be used in non-organic extraction methods.
- Refining: The extracted oil is then refined using natural methods, such as filtration or decantation, to remove impurities and create a pure, high-quality CBD oil.
Overall, our hemp processing involves using natural methods and materials that are safe for the environment and promote sustainable farming practices.
Step Three: THC Removal
The process of making the broad spectrum oil used in our products, we have the THC removed through a proprietary USDA organic certified chromatography process. This is a unique, proprietary and expensive process which is why authentic USDA organic broad spectrum CBD products are so rare. Our broad spectrum products contain no detectable (0.0%) THC.
Step Four: Product Development
As a premium CBD company, Higher Maintenance always uses the highest quality organic ingredients available. All our products are organic, vegan, & gluten-free, and using premium simple ingredients.
Step Five : Third-Party Lab Testing
Each of our products includes a QR code linking to both the internal lab reports on the raw oil and the third-party testing on the finished product. Every batch we produce goes through rigorous third-party lab testing at an ISO certified lab.